Submitting Data without the Submission Tool
Data can be submitted directly to the EMAGE Editorial Office and our staff will create electronic entries from the information you supply. We are flexible regarding the format of incoming data - the information can be sent by post (e.g. on CD, DVD), FTP transfer, email attachment etc and we accept all common file formats for text-based information (plain text, Excel, Word) and images (jpeg, gif, tiff, png etc).
When compiling the information, you are strongly encouraged to follow the proposed MISFISHIE (minimum information specification for an in situ hybridisation or immunohistochemistry experiment) guidelines, to ensure the information given is sufficient so that the experiment can be interpreted and/or repeated by others.
The seven basic parts required to make an EMAGE entry are:
- Your name and contact details.
- The detection reagent used (e.g. the probe or antibody used - as specified as accurately and as unambiguously as you can. e.g. full nucleotide sequences of probes or catalogue numbers of antibodies are preferred).
- The gene or protein whose expression is being detected (use an ID where possible e.g. MGI, Entrez or Ensembl gene ID)
- Information about the specimen (e.g. stage of development, strain, mutations).
- The full ISH or IHC method used.
- Original data image(s) - at least one is required.
- A text-based description of the sites where expression is detected.
And preferably, we also would like a list of any pertinent references and any other relevant information.
E-mail data to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post data to: EMAGE Editorial Office, MRC Human Genetics Unit, Crewe Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, UK.